Optimum Nutrition Inc. or ON as it is commonly known as a part of the Glanbia global nutrition group. It has consistently maintained high standards in belting out the best products in sports nutrition.
The products by Optimum Nutrition are helping sports stars and athletes achieve their performance-oriented goals for decades now.
The Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey has been the most acclaimed 100% Whey Protein.
The same has been recognized by people from all over the world. The state of the art production facilities combined with the uncompromised quality of raw materials has helped this sports nutrition brand succeed.
Size and Flavours Available
1 lb, 2 lbs, 5 lbs
|Double Rich Chocolate||Rocky Road||Chocolate Mint|
|Cookies & Cream||Strawberry Banana||Vanilla Ice Cream|
|Chocolate Malt||Banana Cream||Mocha Cappuccino|
|Delicious Strawberry||Extreme Milk Chocolate||French Vanilla Creme|
The primary ingredients in the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein can be enumerated below
- Whey Protein Isolates constitutes the primary ingredient.
- Whey Protein micro fractions derived from Whey Protein Isolates as well as ultra-filtered Whey Protein concentrates. 24 gms of total protein needs for any health-conscious person have been loaded into each of the servings.
- Glutamine and Glutamic Acid which is present in quantities of more than 4 gm per serving.
- Naturally occurring Branched Chain Amino Acids like Leucine, Isoleucine, Valine, etc which are present in quantities of more than 5 gm per serving.
Whey protein isolates and concentrates are derived from milk. It is possible to mix the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey protein with virtually anything, apart from milk.
The best mixability results in pairing this protein with cold water.
When mixed with 6 to 8 ounces of water, the powder readily forms a homogeneous solution. The quantity of water could be reduced to increase the intensity of the shake.
The powder is instatised to provide a great mix. A shaker cup can also be used if a better consistency of the same solution is required.
How to consume
The best way to consume the Gold Standard is to mix it with cold water and consume it just after workout within 30 minutes.
There are various other ways to combine the Whey Protein with a variety of food components to get particular results.
- If building muscle mass is your primary objective, then this product should be combined with water.
- Combining it with some proteins or carbs facilitates muscle recovery.
- Combining it with low-fat drinks is conducive to weight loss.
Look up the following link for a detailed description. When is the Best Time to Take Whey Protein? & Best Ways to Take Whey
When to consume
There are different time spans in a day when consuming the ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein affects your physiology differently.
- If building the muscle mass and muscle recovery post-workout session is the ulterior motive, then it should be consumed ideally within 15 to 30 minutes of exercising.
- It can also be consumed at any time for adults above 30 years of age to prevent the gradual loss of muscle mass with age.
- Combining this with a high-protein, a low-carb meal such as a keto meal effectuates in weight loss.
There are immense benefits to consuming the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein, as testified by pro-athletes and consumers overall.
The product can be consumed between meals or can be consumed pre-workout or post-workout according to convenience.
This product is suitable for all sportspeople and sports enthusiasts. This is because it leads them to practice heightened endurance and strength training.
- Supplementation with the ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein following exercise regimes improves muscle growth to a significant degree.
- The consumption of this product also leads to the improvement of short-term recovery post a strenuous resistance exercise.
- It leads to the formidable development of muscle mass and can help in all of the muscle-building, muscle recovery and muscle loss prevention activities.
- Consuming this product between low-calorie and high-protein meals leads to considerable weight loss.
A detailed discussion of the most benefit to consuming a Whey-based supplement such as this could be found at the following link. 10 Amazing Health Benefits of Whey Protein
The Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein is derived from the goodness of milk.
It is regarded as safe to be consumed by children as well as adults. The ingestion should preferably be oral.
High dosage of the same product can cause a multitude of side effects which involve the following :
- Increased bowel movement
- Loss of appetite
- Fatigue or tiredness
There are a number of potential threats that could result if the consumers don’t adhere to the precautions before their Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein intake.
- Milk Allergy: If any person is lactose intolerant or allergic to cow’s milk, then he or she should refrain from consuming this product. This is because it is derived from cow’s milk.
- Nursing and Lactating women: There is an absence of significant and reliable information on this subject. Hence it is advised to stay away from this product during such conditions.
Consumers should be wary of certain interactions which occur due to the intake of this product along with certain chemicals.
- Intake of Levodopa along with this product results in the decreased absorption of Levodopa in the body.
- Consumption of this product along with Alendronate results in decreased absorption of the latter in the body.
- The absorption rate of Quinolone antibiotics gets decreased due to the consumption of this whey protein-based product.
- Tetracycline antibiotics are also not absorbed properly due to the consumption of this product.
The dosage of this Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein is also a cause of concern. The dosage may vary for healthy people and for those who are suffering from some ailment.
- It has been studied that for HIV/AIDS-related weight loss, 8.4 to 84 gms of this product should be ingested orally per day. 2.4 gms/ kg of this product should be mixed in a high-calorie formula. It can also be ingested by mixing 42-84 gms of the product in a glutamine-enriched formula.
- For plaque psoriasis-related problems, 5 gms of this product should be consumed on a regular basis.
Maximum Customer’s Feedback
Maximum customers are pleased with the Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein because of its all-round capabilities in building the body.
Though it is a case of concern that the authenticity of the product remains a big issue. It needs to be resolved properly because a lot of customers have reported being handed a fake product.
The authenticity of the product can be checked by scratching off the hologram which reveals an 8 digit code. You could either enter the code in the Bright commodities website. Calling Glanbia on their registered number could also be done to confirm if the product you received is an original one or not.
The Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey is a name that commands a lot of respect in the sports nutrition segment. It is a product which when consumed in proper dosages helps the body to regenerate its muscle mass and muscle building property.
But depending upon your goals, your time of consumption of this Whey based product may vary. Though it is advisable not to consume this product before your sleeping or nap time. More international and national Whey protein brands can be looked up at the following link: Top 5 Best Whey Protein in India (Guaranteed Results) Go and have a look!